Today is Mother's Day back in the good ol' USA, so happy mother's day to my mom and everyone else reading. We are thankful for y'all!
Once again, I have stayed up too late to write much of anything, but here are some highlights:
Saturday (Friday for those of you in the US), my group of 10 MSU students and our guides from Kyungpook National University met up with the 10 MSU students and their guides from Catholic University of Daegu to visit Kyungju, a historical area that's about an hour or so from our current location. It was really interesting to tour areas with Buddhist temples, learn a lot of history, and see the tombs of some of the kings and queens. It was a lot to take in and we walked all day, but it was very worthwhile. After that, we met up with our home stay families. Joshua and I were paired together with a KNU college student, her parents, and one of her friends. We went and got American food (McDonald's!), then went to the market to buy food for breakfast and for our picnic lunch the next day. Today, our homestay girls took us hiking and we cooked outside and played in a stream - it was so much fun. They took us to a friend's house in the mountains, and it was rural and BEAUTIFUL. They actually have a guesthouse that they rent to people because the area is so pretty. Honestly, you could vacation or honeymoon there, and I had no idea that thought would ever cross my mind about a place in South Korea!
I don't have time to tell all the details now, but let me just say that so far, home stay has been my favorite part of the trip! Let's just say that it was great and I wish it could have been longer. :)
All right, it's bedtime. We're headed to Buson (the beach) tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment